The COVID-19 pandemic threw a wrench on most people’s plans. If you were thinking of a move to senior living prior to the pandemic, you might be trying to decide if it is still a good idea and if now is the time. Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have learned a lot about infection prevention and protocols to reduce the risk for older adults living in our communities. We saw an infection rate much lower than our state’s average, and we have heard from our residents the reasons why they decided to make a move and the reasons they feel good about their decision.
- If you know where you want to be, now is your time! Chances are you can get into your desired community and your dream apartment layout might be available.
- You can avoid the grocery store by using delivery services and household chores by taking advantage of our housekeeping plans.
- Say “goodbye” to the hassles of home maintenance and shoveling during our Midwest winters. You will not be stuck with challenging home repairs or lawn care on your own with our full maintenance team, including 24-hour emergency services.
- We are not the Geek Squad, but our staff will help if we can with using technology to connect with family and friends and cable, phone and internet are all included in your rent, no extra bills.
- If you need therapy, Northern Iowa Therapy is here to help five days a week offering physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- Get peace of mind knowing like minded friends are here to help.
- Access to the countless indoor and outdoor amenities such as swimming pool, fitness center, walking paths will help you stay active and healthy. We also offer, hot tub, guest suite, community spaces, frisbee golf, pickleball, full gymnasium, theater, woodshop, library, pool table, ping pong table and so much more for a happy, healthy life.
- You are surrounded by a confident and trained team to help with your daily living.
- You can beat the boredom of being at home alone by adding some structure to your day with scheduled activities including movies, cards, games, BINGO, Lunch and Learn meals, puzzles, social gatherings, fitness classes and so much more.
- The reasons you were considering making a move prior to the pandemic are still just as important as they were before it started.
Consider a move to Glen Oaks Community featuring TimberCrest Apartments for rent and the Terraces Townhomes for purchase. Glen Oaks Community is home to the 55+ Active Adult wanting to Live Life Your Way. Pets are welcome! Call Kim to schedule a private visit today at 641-355-1203!